We often get asked about cool jobs in the cannabis industry. Now we have one that you really shouldn’t sleep on. An absolute dream job that you could even do from home – and connect with the dopest growers in the community. (Junior) Content Manager (m/f/x)- 25-30hrs/week – freelance OR employed & remote. This is one for the plantlovers, the grow-nerds and the people with brains to make it accessible and understandable for the ‘newbies’:
About the job: (Junior) Content Manager
ILGM is looking for a (Junior) Content Manager specializing in cannabis. Do you know exactly what we mean with ScroG or Light Dep? Do pH and EC values hold no secrets for you? Are you more than provisioned in the English (US) language? Do you know what excellent, well-crafted written content looks like online? Then this might be YOUR dreamjob…
About the company:
Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com (ILGM) is one of the longest-standing and largest online cannabis
seed banks on the American market. For over ten years, we’ve provided beginning cultivators
with seeds from the best cannabis genetics and guidance to grow our seeds into healthy,
Our headquarters is based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. If you are based in the Netherlands,
especially in the greater area of Amersfoort, you’re more than welcome to join our office team.
Located elsewhere? Awesome! Our team is shattered around the globe and is well-versed in
fun, informal, and productive group and one-on-one remote meetings.
We are a young, fun, talented, and driven international team. Working with us allows you the
freedom to work from any location while maintaining a collaborative, team-oriented work
As our (Junior) Content Manager, you’ll be at the heart of our content engine, fueling growth and
fostering good relations with our writers and the company’s project owners. This multifaceted
role encompasses the following key areas:
- Planning weekly content elements for multiple platforms.
- Communicating with and managing the writer staff and their submitted work.
- Creating concise, comprehensible, and search engine-optimized briefings.
- Discussing and implementing the current content strategy with the Content Director and
- Editing/processing the submitted work to ensure it meets our high-quality content
standards, SEO requirements, and factual accuracy.
- Managing and communicating revisions with the writer’s team.
- Deciding which visual elements need to be created to accompany the content.
- You have a proven understanding of the basics of cannabis cultivation and
- You have proven experience with written content creation (copywriting) and/or managing
- Experience editing would be a valuable addition to your toolkit. (Nice to have, but not
- You have a good grasp of the latest developments in SEO. (Nice to have, but not
mandatory, as we have an expert SEO team to guide you)
- You have an above-average proficiency in the written English (US) language. (Native is
a preference but not required)
- You have an excellent understanding of what good online content should look like and
- You are a genuine team player who can collaborate with other departments to create
high-quality and search-engine-optimized content.
- A proficient planner and organizer.
- Works meticulously with a keen eye for detail.
- Has an affinity for digital trends and developments.
- A passion for staying updated on cannabis industry trends and best practices.
Work Ethos and Personal Requirements:
- Hands-on and proactive approach.
- Solution-oriented mindset.
- Independent and structured work style.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Flexibility to adapt and innovate.
- Must be available from 09.00 to 17.00 CEST on workdays Mon-Thu.
- Daily check-ins to drive projects forward.
What we offer for this dream job:
- A competitive salary, based on your experience level of education, geographic location,
- A young, dynamic, forward-thinking, and professional team in a non-hierarchical
- A 32-hour workweek.
- Possibility to work remotely or at the office in Amersfoort.
- Excellent on-the-job training and guidance.
- Multiple company outings a year
- Free seeds to grow at home or gift to your friends and family.
- A chance to work with and learn from some of the best cultivators in the industry
Inclusivity and diversity
At ILGM, we deeply value diversity in our team. We believe that diverse perspectives lead to
innovation, creativity, and success. We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable
workplace where every individual’s unique talents and backgrounds are celebrated and
contribute to our collective growth.
Interested in this DREAM JOB?
Join us in shaping the future of ILGM and making a meaningful impact on our brand’s journey. If
you’re ready to take the reins of our content while enhancing our digital footprint, we invite you to
apply and be a vital part of our dedicated team by contacting Herbert H. Green, Content Director at
ILGM (email@example.com) – and known from S01E05 of the THC Podcast – with the inclusion of an updated resume and
copywriting portfolio (if applicable).